Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dawn and Dusk..


Yesterday, I was a little sick. I couldn't sleep for what seemed to be ages. But eventually, I fell asleep. When I woke up, I went out into the balcony and saw the beautiful sight of dawn. I felt a strange joy watching this sight. It was the faintest sense of raw pleasure. But after a while I realized that it wasn't dawn, it was dusk. In that brief moment it felt as if I had just lost everything in my life.
During the rising and setting of the sun, a time comes when both the processes show striking resemblance. The dusk shows off the colors of Dawn. A person with no track of time or direction may not be able to figure out whether its dawn or dusk. But despite the striking resemblance, both the phenomena tell totally different tales of near future.
One forecasts a new day, waking up and light while The other forecasts darkness, sleep and silence. One gives hope of a new beginning, trying to bury the uncomfortable moments of yesterday while the other gives news about night, a time to think and re-live the important moments of the last day, whether comfortable or otherwise.
One motivates us to get prepared for work and struggle. Other is the sign of unconsciousness and slumber. One compels the birds to go out in search of food, the other forces them back in their nests. One warns about a very long action-packed time; the day. The other gives news about a very short time passed unconsciously; the night. One representing a time to utilize your energies while the other giving an opportunity to regain them.
But we just overlook all this. while We can still go deeper and deeper into the amazing alternating phenomena of nature; The dawn and the dusk......

No comments:

Post a Comment